A lot of people want a shiny ceramic tile that is not available in the style they chose for their home. They have made the mistake of waxing the ceramic tile but soon find out it is starting to peel off. This is not the correct way of doing this. Here is a step by step way that Prestige Floor and Carpet Care does it.
Step 1. We inspect the tile and grout first to determine if there is a seal on the tile or grout. If so it all must be emulsified and rinsed.
Step 2. We pre-treat with acidic cleaner and high pressure rinse and extract.
Step 3. If the grout is stained we can restore the original color or now may be the perfect time to update the grout color for an entirely new look.
Step 4. We then apply a high solids urethane in either matte, semi-gloss or high gloss chosen by the customer. The matte will keep the ceramic tile looking original yet sealed for easy cleaning. The semi-gloss will give an in between look, the gloss seal will make the ceramic floor look wet. This will create a protective film over the entire surface preventing the soil and stains from re-occurring with just normal maintenance.
• Produces a long-lasting, tough, protective finish in high gloss, satin or matte finish
• Ideal replacement for traditional acrylic finishes
• No-VOC Low, Odor formula
• One coat and done
• No buffing, Non-yellowing, UV stable
• Extremely abrasion resistant
• Highly chemical and hand sanitizer resistant
• Meets FDA requirements for floor coatings in a food preparation area
• Meets ADA & OSHA SCOF requirements
• Ultra Grip abrasion and slip resistant additives available
• Positive ROI