Once Prestige Floor and Carpet Care restores your VCT with this urethane seal, you will be amazed at the money you save for having to hire another company to maintain it. This seal only needs to be mopped with a neutral cleaner.
A lot of people want the VCT to look like it has just been re-coated or burnished all the time. The way the VCT has been serviced for many years is a topical acrylic seal 18 to 22 percent solids. The product we use is a urethane gloss seal at 63 percent solids. Here is a step by step way that Prestige Floor and Carpet Care does it.
Step 1. If the VCT has been waxed, we emulsify and remove all the topical seal and rinse.
Step 2. If the VCT is new, we do a light top scrub to remove the protective seal that is on it for shipping.
Step 3. We then apply a high solids urethane seal that will make the VCT floor look wet. This will create a protective film over the entire surface preventing the soil and stains from re-occurring with just normal maintenance.
• Produces a long-lasting, tough, protective finish in high gloss, satin or matte finish
• Ideal replacement for traditional acrylic finishes
• No-VOC Low, Odor formula
• One coat and done
• No buffing, Non-yellowing, UV stable
• Extremely abrasion resistant
• Highly chemical and hand sanitizer resistant
• Meets FDA requirements for floor coatings in a food preparation area
• Meets ADA & OSHA SCOF requirements
• Ultra Grip abrasion and slip resistant additives available
• Positive ROI